Old challenges new pathways: social enterprises fostering improvement and social innovation on social inclusion
Old challenges new pathways: social enterprises fostering improvement and social innovation on social inclusion is a project financed by the European Commission under the line Grundtvig Partnership, in which ENSIE is involved as observers.
- Belgium - SST - Samenwerkingsverband Sociale Tewerkstelling
- Czech Republic - Fokus - Sdružení pro péči o duševně nemocné
- Italy - SCF – Scuola Centrale de Formazione
- Luxembourg - CIGL Strassen asbl– Centre d'Initiative et de Gestion Local Strassen a.s.b.l.
- Portugal - A3S – Associação para o Empreendedorismo Social e a Sustentabilidade do Terceiro Sector
Project and objective
This project is focused on the role of social enterprises - namely work integration social enterprises (WISEs), and other social and solidarity initiatives - in promoting social inclusion of disadvantaged groups. Its main objective is to explore and contrast different models of intervention in the field of socio-professional integration of disadvantaged groups, which have been widely developed in the last decades in European countries.
Two main issues will be addressed:
- What are the current challenges of social enterprises and professionals working in the field of socio-professional integration?
- Given the current trends of social innovation and social entrepreneurship in Europe – how can WISEs and other initiatives aimed at promoting social inclusion through work assume a strategic position and benefit from these trends?
Step by step
20-21 March 2014
Second meeting in Gand, Belgium. The second project meeting aimed at building a common framework for analysis: operational tools for the comparison of work integration methodologies and deciding about activities, target groups and mobilities.
In each mobility the host partner is responsible for organizing a programme of 2 full days of work. This programme should include visits to WISES and other organizations, seminars or workshops which are inspiring to all the partners. These activities should promote the encounter between people (people from the target groups, professionals and visitors) and permit direct knowledge of how projects are being implemented. Best practices as well as challenges and difficulties should be addressed.
3-4 July 2014
Third meeting in Luxembourg. A public meeting with local authorities and socio-professional support organisations for disadvantaged groups was held in Luxembourg. Several visits to local WISEs were organized. The debate allowed a comparison between Luxembourg's work integration social economy sector and the Flemish and Portuguese systems.
30-31 October 2014
Fourth meeting in Prague. The theme of this meeting was to focus the attention on thetopic "Social enterprises fostering improvement and social innovation on social inclusion". Several visits and workshop were organized to give an overview of the ways of employment of disadvantaged people and social enterprises in the Czech Republic.
4-5-6 March 2015
Fifth meeting in Bertinoro. Participants from EU project 'Old challenges new pathways' discussing social entrepreneurship in Italy. Several visits and workshop were organized to give an overview of the ways of employment of disadvantaged people and social enterprises in the Emilia Romagna Region. The partner's project were also present to the international seminar "Social Innovation between policy and development" held on 6 March in Bertinoro.
Meeting at the Training Restaurant “Le Torri”
Preliminary Session "Social Enterprise - The Italian framework", with Flaviano Zandonai, www.irisnetwork.it
Presentation of the social model of Emilia-Romagna, by Cinzia Ioppi – Regional Office for Welfare and Housing Policies
- Visit to the social cooperative CILS
- Visit to Mafalda Village – Social Coop. Paolo Babini
- Visit and light lunch at the social cooperative Apebianca
Steering committee of the two projects at Apebianca
International public seminar of the projects Work&Train and Old Challenges New Pathways "Social Innovation between policy and development".
- Giovanni Zonin EVT
- Cooperative of community "Oltrevalle" - Andrea Succi and Alberto Bedeschi
- Social Cooperative "ITACA" - Massimo Tuzzato
- Social cooperative "Forli Welfare" - Fabio Magnani
- Social consortium "Fare Comunità" - Laura Zambrini
- "Anchovies for friends" - Alessandro Menegatti and Nazareno Spagoni
- The Fundraising School "Aiccon" - Andrea Romboli